Water leak detection is a precise method of locating water leaks in your home. Leak detection can have an accuracy rate of up to 90% when using modern equipment.
Because of the high accuracy rate, your home will sustain less damage and you will be able to resolve the plumbing issue as quickly as possible.
Why is it critical to notice a water leak as soon as possible?
There are several reasons why early detection of a water leak is critical. A water leak can cause a lot of harm to your property if left unattended. From decaying wood and stained carpets to burst pipes and electrical problems, there’s a lot that can go wrong.
This form of harm is not only expensive but also dangerous. The sooner a leak is discovered, the more likely it is to be repaired at a lesser cost.
Is there a slab leak?
A leak in the pressurized freshwater pipes delivering water to all of your home’s faucets
What can be done about it?
- The first method for repairing a leak is to jackhammer the concrete slab, dig down to the pipe, and repair it.
- The second choice is to drill a tunnel beneath the slab all the way to the leaks sourced from the outside.
- The final option is to remove the leaking line from beneath the slab and replace it with a new line that runs through the wall/attic.
- The final option is to use an existing copper line as a sleeve and run a new line through it.
Symptoms of a Main-line leak
The longer your water line is broken, the more likely it is that damage will spread throughout the entire system. If you have a main line leak, don’t hesitate to call a plumber.
- Water Puddles
- Hissing, Whistling, or Bubbling Sounds
- Low Water Pressure
- Unexpected Water Bill Increase
- Water Damage on the Ceiling and Walls
- Mold & Mildew Presence
- Discolored Water
You can take some precautions to ensure that problems do not emerge, potentially preventing the need for pipe replacement. A routine inspection or water leak detection by our line locators might help you keep track of your finances.